11 Ways To Introduce Black Into Your Kitchen
Black is an increasingly popular color were seeing in kitchens. All black kitchens make a bold statement, but you don’t have to go that far.
Here are 11 examples of ways you can bring black into the kitchen either subtly or boldly.
1. Make a statement in the kitchen with black stainless steel appliances.
Black stainless steel appliances by Samsung.
2. Installing all black cabinetry is a bold way to bring black into your kitchen.
Interior designed by Daniele Petteno Architecture Workshop. See the full project here.
Inspiration from a house designed by Format Elf Architects. Photography by Cordula De Bloeme.
3. Hang black pendant lights above your kitchen island for a dramatic effect without the commitment of all black everything.
Beat Pendant Light Collection by Tom Dixon.
Coco Pendant Lamp by Coco Flip. Photography by Haydn Cattach.
4. A black backsplash.
Home Extension by MAKE Architecture. Photography by Peter Bennetts. See the full project here.
5. Black kitchens require black flatware.
3-piece matte black flatware set from CB2
6. Black accents like shelving, hand towels, pitchers, and large bowls are easy ways to bring black into the kitchen.
All items including the shelf, from CB2
7. A black coffee maker is a delicious way to add black to your counters.
The Theo Coffee Maker by Unit10 Design for Stelton.
8. Garbage cans may not be the most exciting element of a kitchen, but they’re certainly necessary. A black garbage can creates a stylish home for your trash.
Pedal Bin from Vipp
9. If you’ve got an island with space for seating, bar stools can bring in black in a stylish and functional way.
Inspiration from a home designed by MU Architecture. Photography by Ulysse Lemerise Bouchard(YUL Photo). See the full project here.
10. With a black clock hanging in your kitchen, you’ll always be on time and your kitchen will always be looking classy.
Ora Matt Black/White Large Clock by Kahler
11. A black sink and faucet can tie together all the other elements of black and make for a cohesive look.
Inspiration from the home of Jutta at oblik.
Get the contemporist daily email newsletter – sign up here