7 Reasons Why This Kitchen Was Named Best In The World
Photography by David Lipnowski/SubZero Wolf
CBC News stopped by his home to check out the kitchen, and discovered that there are a lot of hidden elements that make this kitchen unique. Here are some of the features…
1. The upper cabinets open automatically by just touching them.
The lower cabinets also open automatically, if you touch (or kick) them.
2. There’s a hidden dishwasher
3. Freezer drawers that look like normal drawers.
4. The pantry contains items like the microwave, toaster and coffee maker, allowing them to be out of sight when not needed.
5. Next to the pantry is the fridge, again it’s made to look the same as the rest of the cabinets.
6. In the island, there’s an “appliance-garage” that rises up from the surface, which is perfect for hiding away the blender, mixer, etc.
7. Finally, the main countertop features an induction cooktop that is flush-mounted to the counter, allowing it to be easily cleaned.
Watch the video below to see Dov Secter describe and show all of the elements.
Get the contemporist daily email newsletter – sign up here