Kitchen Design Idea – Pull-Out Counters
No matter how much counter space you have, when it’s time to start preparing food, there never seems to be quite enough room. Pull-out counters are a great way to solve this problem as they give you more space just when you need it. Here are 10 examples of pull-out counters.
1. In this kitchen, not only does the drawer and counter beneath the oven pull out, but the counter that the espresso machine sits on pulls out too.
Linee Kitchen by Team 7.
2. The stainless steel surface of this work space can be pulled out to nearly double the amount of prep space you have.
Kitchen designed by Pedini
3. A pull out counter installed right under the oven creates a convenient spot to do final prep before putting food into the oven.
K7 Kitchen by Team 7.
4. A wooden pull-out counter also acts as the perfect spot for an additional cutting board.
Inspiration from a home designed by Dan Hisel Architect. Built by Adams + Beasley Associates. Photography by Eric Roth Photography.
5. Pull-out counters are great for creating more space in a compact kitchen that can be closed up completely when it isn’t being used.
Kitchen designed by Scavolini.
6. When you’re working with a small kitchen, any and all extra work space is a great addition.
Inspiration from a kitchen designed by Schmidt Kitchens Palmers Green.
7. The nice thing about pull out counters is that they can be completely concealed when they aren’t in use, like this one here that blends right into the cabinet door.
Pull-out base unit by Arclinea
8. Pull-out counters don’t just have to go underneath the counter. Put them up higher to make sliding shelves that free up your countertops and keep your appliances easily accessible.
Designed by NEFF of Chicago Custom Cabinetry and Design Studio in collaboration with Susan Fredman Design Group. Photography by Norman Sizemore.
9. In this white streamline kitchen, the countertops are completely hidden until needed.
Inspiration from a kitchen designed by Architology.
10. An adjustable pull-out counter gives you the freedom to create as much or as little additional counter space as you need.
The Black Line Kitchen by Team 7.
Get the contemporist daily email newsletter – sign up here