Always there to lift you up and make you smile right when you need it, there isn’t a happier color than yellow. Using it in your decor is great way to make a statement and add color to your interior but it can quickly become overpowering. The use of gray and white can soften the color and make it less intense.
Here are 9 examples of rooms throughout houses that have used the yellow-gray-white color palette to bring in some fun without letting the color take over.
1. This mainly white and gray kitchen is infused with life thanks to the yellow bar stools, bowl of lemons, and vintage-style phone on the wall.
Photography and styling by I Spy DIY
2. White countertops and cabinetry, along with gray drawers and silver appliances let the yellow details pop out but keep them from being too much.
Designed by Space Craft Joinery. Photography by Jonathan VDK.
3. Yellow and gray are gender neutral colors, perfect for decorating a nursery or child’s bedroom.
Patchwork nursery set by Mama And Cub.
4. Yellow curtains have been combined with soft gray patterned wallpaper and a white bedspread with dark gray throw blanket, to make this hotel room calm and relaxing.
Hotel designed by Werner Aisslinger.
5. Surrounded by white walls and gray flooring, the yellow tiles are confined to the shower to prevent the color from completely dominating the space.
Designed by Falken Reynolds. Photography by Lucas Finlay.
6. Gray walls, white cabinetry, and a few fun splashes of yellow bring life and personality into this Parisian home.
See more photos of this home, here. Designed by Glenn Medioni. Photography by Pascal Otlinghaus.
7. Bright yellow cupboards make a bold statement in this kitchen sprinkled with white and grays to keep the yellow from being overwhelming.
See more photos of this home, here. Designed by Studio Build. Photography by Bob Greenspan Photography.
8. Small yellow details, like the throw pillows, the design in the rug, and the kitchen backsplash bring in a bit of fun to this bright living space dominated by white walls and gray/silver tones.
Designed by intexure.
9. Yellow accents used throughout the living areas in this home add life to the otherwise all black, white, and gray interior.
Interior design by Gaile Guevara. Photography by Eric Scott Photography.
Get the contemporist daily email newsletter – sign up here