Bedroom Design Idea – Place Your Bed On A Raised Platform
Placing your bed on a platform is an effective way to define your sleep space. It replaces the need for a box-spring mattress and adds a style element you won’t find in many other places.
Here are 8 examples of platform beds being used to make these bedrooms a step above the rest.
1. This sleeping area has been separated from the rest of the space by being placed on a platform and partially enclosed by raised wood edges.
See more photos of the home, here. Designed by OFIS Architects. Photography by Tomaz Gregoric.
2. This bed sitting on platform made of reclaimed logs adds a rustic yet contemporary feel to the large bedroom.
Find out more about this bed, here. Designed by SUBU Design Architecture. Photography by Manolo Langis.
3. Surrounded by tiny lights built right into the wooden platform, this raised bed makes for a relaxing, sleepy oasis.
See more photos of this bed, here. Designed by Soesthetic Group. Photography by Alex Pedko.
4. The extra long platform in this bedroom functions to support the bed and works the column into the design of the space.
Designed by STIMAMIGLIO.
5. This platform bed is surrounded by incredible ocean views, making the bedroom experience that much more unique.
See more photos of the home, here. Architecture by Horst Architects, interior design by Aria Design. Photography by John Ellis and Toby Ponnay.
6. Raising the bed onto its own platform designates the sleeping area and separates it from the other areas of this open concept room.
7. The curved platform holding the bed in this hotel room adds a unique design element to the space and is in keeping with the “ripple” name of the hotel.
8. Lights underneath and above the platform of this bed make it appear to hover and helps separate the sleeping area from the rest of the space.