If you’re looking to make a bold statement on your home’s exterior, bright red siding is certainly a way to do just that. Regardless of how dark it may be, red is a color that commands attention. Here are 11 examples of houses and buildings with red exteriors.
1. This red house has both a living space on the second floor and a studio/workshop on the first floor.
Designed by Roger Ferris + Partners. Photography by Pavel Bendov.
2. Bright red siding covers the exterior of this home and contrasts the snow that covers the ground most of the year.
Designed by JVA. Photography by Nils Petter Dale.
3. This rusty-red house definitely stands out on the corner of this street.
Designed by Dear Architects.
4. Even though the exterior of this house is completely red, the openness of the bottom floor prevents the color from feeling overpowering or overwhelming.
Designed by Hernandez Silva Arquitectos. Photography by Carlos Diaz Corona.
5. This red clad lake-side home serves as a retreat from busy everyday life.
See more photos of this cottage, here. Designed by Kariouk Associates. Photography by Christian Lalonde of Photolux Studios.
6. A mix of matte and shiny red, make up the exterior of this modern angular home.
See more photos of this home, here. Designed by Jakob Bader. Photography by Kai Arndt.
7. This bright red building was built to hold a central kitchen for a restaurant group in Thailand.
Designed by Agaligo Studio. Photography by Spaceshift Studio.
8. This red monument was designed to use the landscape to create a look similar to a scene in a movie.
See more photos of this monument, here. Designed by Enproyecto Arquitectura. Photography by Ricardo Santonja and Emilio Valverde.
9. Red concave aluminum disks are used to create the look of a red Chinese paper lantern on the exterior of this entertainment theatre.
See more photos of this theatre, here. Designed by Stufish Entertainment Architects.
10. Red corrugated metal siding makes this house in the trees pop against the greenery of the forest.
Designed by Crosson Architects.
11. 3D diamonds seem to pop off the exterior of this bright red building and make it stand out from its neighbours even more.
Designed by GG-loop.
Get the contemporist daily email newsletter – sign up here