Hidden lighting under a bed can be both functional and aesthetically pleasing. Strips of LED lights under the bed create the look of a futuristic floating bed, but also provide nice calm glowing light when you get up in the middle of the night.
Here are 9 examples of hidden lighting under the bed, and if you’re feeling inspired, here’s a link to a DIY version and a place to buy an LED strip with a motion sensor that turns the hidden lights on when you get up!
1. A strip of LED lights under this bed frame makes the bed appear to float.
Interior designed by Caola Vannini. Photography by Stefano Pedretti.
2. This bed is dropped into the ground and surrounded by a strip of LED lights.
Designed by 2B Group. Photography by Vyacheslav Balbek.
3. The setback frame under this bed would already make it look like it’s floating, but the added lights make it way more dramatic.
Designed by za bor architects.
4. The lights under the bed in this apartment can change color to create all sorts of moods.
Designed by SquareONE. Photography by Cosmin Dragomir.
5. This platform bed is surrounding by glowing light.
Designed by Taylor_Smyth architects. Photography by Gumpesberger/Hafkenscheid.
6. This already bright bedroom added a strip of LED lights to the bottom of this bed for a warmer glow.
Designed by Terris Lightfood Contracting Ltd. Photography by Barry Calhoun.
7. The super bright lights under this bed make it look like it’s sitting on a cloud of light.
Designed by Liquid Interiors.
8. If you can get VIP status at the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas, you might be able to stay in this futuristic bed!
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino designed by Chemical Spaces.
9. Here’s another hotel, this time in Penang, Malaysia, that features a bed with hidden lighting underneath it.