Easy to wipe down, full of style, and guaranteed to look great for years to come, here are 9 examples of tiles used as backsplashes in the kitchen.
1. Shiny light blue rectangular tiles laid out in a herringbone pattern create the backsplash of this Vancouver apartment.
Designed by Falken Reynolds. Photography by Ema Peter.
2. Dark hexagon tiles in this kitchen contrast the wood shelving and countertops to create a dramatic effect.
See more photos of this home, here. Designed by MU Architects. Photography by Ulysse Lemerise Bouchard (YUL Photo).
3. These blue hexagon tiles have been elongated to give the backsplash of this bright kitchen a unique touch.
See more photos of this home, here. Designed by YAMAMAR Design Architects. Photography by Bruce Damonte.
4. Rectangular tiles of varying shades of blue-grey compliment the colors used throughout this kitchen.
See more photos of this home, here. Designed by Beauparlant Design. Photography by John Heineman.
5. The backsplash of this kitchen uses white rectangular tiles in various sizes to create a textured appearance.
See more photos of this home, here. Designed by InForm Design. Photography by Hilary Bradford & Derek Swalwell.
6. Yellow, grey, and white diamond shaped tiles create hexagons and make for a fun backsplash in the kitchen of this apartment.
See more photos of this home, here. Designed by Beyond Homes and BBLOC
7. Blue diamond tiles with white grout make the kitchen of this home lively and fun.
Restoration and renovation by destination EICHLER.
8. The white tiles and dark grout are in keeping with the rest of the color scheme in this concrete, grey, and white kitchen.
Designed by Trevor Brown Architects. Photography by Adelina Llive.
9. The dark grout used to fill the spaces between the white subway tiles match the other dark elements in the kitchen, like the cabinetry and bar stools.
See more photos of this home, here. Designed by Randy Weinstein.