Heavy materials, dark colors, and exposed construction elements all contribute to the distinct look and feel of the industrial style. To show you just what we mean, we’ve compiled a few examples of extreme close ups of pieces and details that are right at home in an industrial interior. Let’s take a look.
1. The steel rebar supports for the railing and the concrete of the actual steps give this staircase a modern, industrial look.
Cadaval & Solà-Morales designed this house in Mexico City. Photography by Miguel de Guzman.
2. Wheels on the bottom of large steel kitchen islands create an industrial look and makes it easier to reconfigure the kitchen should the mood strike.
Inspiration from an apartment designed by Cindy Bayon of Muratore Construction + Design, Photography by Scott Hargis.
3. These pendant lights hanging from a modern pulley system put a contemporary spin on the traditional rustic look of the older pulley systems.
Atelier I-N-D-J designed this restaurant featuring pendant lights on pulley systems. Photography by Seth Powers.
4. The dark color of the sliding door mechanism completes the industrial look in this shipping container home.
Studio H:T designed this shipping container home. Photography by Braden Gunem.
5. This small pendant light, made from a glass jar and a concrete top, brightens the space and contributes to an overall industrial vibe.
Inspiration from a house designed by Lendager Arkitekter. Photography by Jesper Ray.
6. Concrete steps and thin metal handrails give this staircase a simple, modern, industrial look.
Inspiration from a house in India designed by Matharoo Associates.
7. Dark metal, leather strips, and brass hardware make this wine rack the perfect modern industrial accent piece.
8. The wheels on the bottoms of this sliding bookcase add an industrial touch to the modern piece of furniture.
Vincent Martinez designed the Literatura Open bookcase. Manufactured by Punt.
9. Light wood crates contrast the dark metal frame and pull tabs on this small industrial kitchen unit.
Frama designed this industrial office kitchen. Photography by Michael Falgren.
10. The clean look of this metal barn door hardware puts a modern spin on the traditional industrial look of sliding door hardware.
Aero Barn Door Hardware from Real Sliding Hardware
11. The dark, thin metal handle bolted to this light colored door creates a modern contrast made from industrial materials.
The Studio Pull from Rustica Hardware.