As the days get shorter and the weather starts to cool off, out come the layers. Jackets, coats, hats, vests, and all the other autumn and winter wear emerge and we’re suddenly left wondering where we’re supposed to keep them when we’re not wearing them. Of course you could use an ordinary coat rack, but that’s already been done.
A growing design trend is the hanging coat rack. These coat racks put your fall and winter wear on display, and when not in use, become a unique decor element. Here are six examples of particularly contemporary ones.
1. This adjustable wood and leather coat rack has a wood rod acting as a place to hang coat hangers from and a circular wood offshoot that offers a home for your scarves or belts.
Pe, an adjustable wood and leather hanging coat rack by Florian Saul.
2. Steel cords and a stainless steel rod make up these minimalist hanging clothing racks. They can come as a single hanger, a dual hanger, or a corner hanger, all of which are adjustable making them convenient at your front door, in your bedroom, or in a tight corner.
Hängegarderobe Airjust Home by RaumForm33
3. Encased in sturdy rope are five adjustable stainless steel hooks that securely hold your clothes, umbrella, bag, or jacket for you until you’re ready for them later on. Its ropey nature allows it be hung anywhere, from suspended dowels to exposed pipes, even outside!
4. These hanging coat racks are suspended from the ceiling allowing them to sway, rotate, and best of all, keep your floor space free. The steel wire and adjustable mechanisms make them secure and sturdy enough to handle all sorts of materials in all sorts of environments.
5. These hanging coat racks have 4 adjustable “Y” shaped hooks to hold your coats and bags and a weight at the bottom to keep the rack from swaying too much or from getting caught up in the coats.
Wardrope by Veronika Wildgruber
6. Luxurious rope and metal hooks create a unique and classy coat, hat, or bag hanger that takes hardly any space as it’s suspended from the ceiling.
La Cima 3 designed by Lapo Ciatti for Opinion Ciatti