12 Outdoor Daybeds To Get You Dreaming Of Warmer Weather
Outdoor day beds are the ideal addition to any backyard. They provide a cozy spot to curl up with blankets in cooler weather, and are the perfect place to lounge on hot summer days. Here are 12 examples of outdoor day beds in various styles to help turn your outdoor space into an oasis.
1. Two pieces make up this outdoor bed – a couch piece with a sun shade and a large ottoman, making it easy to move or split up to create more seats.
Eclipse designed by Mark Gabbertas for Gloster.
2. This circular outdoor bed hangs from trees or hooks to create a nest-like spot perfect for an afternoon snooze.
Swing Rest designed by Daniel Pouzet for Dedon
3. Have an extra bit of space in your backyard but don’t want to rip up concrete to create a garden? Turn the spot into a grassy outdoor daybed just like this one.
Jason Hodges designed and built this outdoor grass daybed.
4. This shaded built-in daybed offers a cool escape from the sun but still keeps you connected to what’s going on in the yard.
Inspiration from a home designed by (fer) Photography by Jim Pease Photography.
5. Hang up this wood outdoor swing bed and curl up with a book or a blanket for a cozy, relaxing retreat.
Modern Swing Bed from Industrial Envy
6. Depending on the occasion, this daybed with a sheltered pergola can be used as both a couch when entertaining groups or an outdoor bed perfect for lounging on a hot afternoon.
Inspiration from a modern house designed by assembladeSTUDIO. Photography by Bill Timmerman and Zack Hussain.
7. This rooftop bed has a shade curtain can be retracted on extra nice days to allow maximum sun exposure and closed at night or on rainy days so the bed can still be enjoyed.
Inspiration from a rooftop space designed by Liquid Interiors Limited.
8. These large daybeds feature shades that can be individually adjusted throughout the day as the sun moves.
Reclining daybed from Gandia Blasco
9. This somewhat covered daybed can have the top removed to allow more sun exposure on especially hot days or left in place to provide a bit of shade.
Cayman Daybed from Restoration Hardware
10. Get extra comfy on these squishy yet supportive outdoor bean bag beds that are perfect for lounging pool side or even being pulled into a tent.
Secret Blend outdoor bean bag double lounger from Poynters
11. A circular outdoor bed with lots of support is great for casual lounging as well as late afternoon snoozing.
Flat circular Bed designed by Mario Ruiz for Gandia Blasco
12. This built-in outdoor daybed with a stone wall and planters sits underneath a pergola that provides shade.