Slides inside homes are a fun way to add a unique element to your interior and make getting downstairs in hurry so much faster. Today we’re sharing 9 examples of slides inside homes that add a playful and creative touch to the interiors.
1. This curved wood staircase has a slide built-in right next to it to give you the option of taking the stairs or the slide when you descend to the main floor.
2. A shiny metal spiral slide sends you shooting down from the top floor of this modern home all the way to the bottom level and adds a unique design detail to the interior.
David Hotson designed this home in New York. Photography by Eric Laignel.
3. This wooden staircase does triple duty as the main staircase, an entertaining indoor slide, and a storage unit perfect for books and other small objects.
Moon Hoon designed this family home in South Korea. Photography by Huh Juneul.
4. This indoor slide connects the three levels of the home and has a flat middle section to make it easy to get off on the second floor if that’s where you want to go.
LEVEL Architects designed this home in Tokyo, Japan. Photography by Shinichi Tanaka.
5. This modern apartment features a lofted play space just off the kitchen with a slide attached to it, making it super quick to come down for snacks.
HAO Design designed the modern play area in an apartment in Taiwan. Photography by Hey!Cheese.
6. The metal slide in this modern apartment takes you down from the top floor right into the living room, and passes through the kitchen on the way there.
KI Design Studio added a slide to this modern apartment in Ukraine. Photography courtesy of KI Design Studio.
7. This concrete slide wraps around the outside of this modern house to add a unique look to the exterior of the home, but also creates a tunnel-like atmosphere while you slide from one floor down to the next.
Aboday Architects designed this house in Indonesia. Photography by Happy Lim.
8. This metal slide was designed to connect two modern penthouse suites that were being combined into a single suite.
The Turett Collaborative designed the connection of these two penthouse suites in New York.
9. This wooden slide surrounded by white walls connects a work area and a bathroom.
LEVEL Architects designed this home in Tokyo, Japan. Photography by LEVEL Architects.
Get the contemporist daily email newsletter – sign up here